My hospice has had a rash of "VIP's" lately. Are they current or former employees, their family members or beloved friends? No. Actually, they're very wealthy people with a massive sense of entitlement.
- They call for a bedpan at 2 AM. Although there's a 24 hr drugstore on every corner in this city.
- They call for a nurse to sit with the patient at 9 PM so they can all go out for dinner and a movie.
- They don't call for a nurse during a real emergency, but raise holy hell with hospice management because a nurse didn't call them during the crisis. (Yeah, that's one of my favorites)
Apartment Complexes, Trailer Parks, etc. (at night)
- The "map" at the entrance for the complex has no "You Are Here".
- Home or building numbers are nonexistent, poorly maintained or unlit.
- Building numbers are placed so that they cannot be seen from the "road" or are obscured by the roofs of car ports.
My Hospice's Pharmacy
- Will sometimes mail E-kits and pain medications to our new, suffering patients even though they have a courier to make home and facility deliveries.
- Believes that STAT equals four hours. (Yes, that's their policy)
- Will deliver meds to our inpatient unit 6 hours after the patient has arrived.
Whew... okay I'm done. All better now. Thank you for "listening".