Friday, June 5, 2009

"Henges"

Pug-Henge

I left my home for about 2 hours, running errands, and on my return, I discovered this configuration in the middle of my living room. I am absolutely, positively telling you the truth about this.

Now, granted, since Olive's introduction to "the manor", my floor looks like a playground for a herd of toddlers. I'm sure that there is some possibility that her, or the chihuahua's, random acts of playfulness could indeed create this. That being said, it still was a bit of a shocker.

So which of my canine roommates is the guilty party?

WaWa: Don't let the sweet face fool you!


Olive: Smarter than she looks.

My other question is... should I be worried?

___________________________________


Eddie-Henge

Eddie Izzard from his 1999 "Dress to Kill" tour discusses Stonehenge.
(F-bombs ahead!)



By the way... never, ever miss an opportunity to see Eddie Izzard perform live.

Izzard: Pure, rambling genius

____________________________________


Georgia-Henge

The Georgia Guidestones are likely one of the most mysterious monuments in America. Erected in 1980, no one seems to know the true identity of the man that oversaw and commissioned the project. He did however, make it known to the Elberton Granite Finishing Company that he represented a "small group of Americans that seek the Age of Reason". Of the many theories of its origin, at least a Rosicrucian influence seems to be agreed upon.

The sixteen-foot slabs are inscribed with eight, different languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, Hebrew, Hindi, Russian, Spanish and Swahili. The translation of which provides gentle and good advice for all of humanity. The "henge" is also expertly positioned in order to determine the equinox, solstice and other astronomical events.


Of course, a display of this magnitude and mystery has more than its share of detractors and conspiracy theorists that want to see it destroyed immediately. Not lacking in foresight, the benefactors of the Georgia Guidestones project made sure to purchase the land on which it was built.

See also Wired Magazine, American Stonehenge: Monumental Instructions for the Post-Apocalypse



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Jessica Knapp said...

Pug-Henge ... oh my god, you crack me up!

Peter said...

Hi! It looks like a form of witch craft or devil worship to me, but which one was it? Going on the pictures, I'll pick the only one with one shining eye, WaWa!

Take Care,
Peter

insuranceguru said...

When the Goggies start re-creating Aztec sacrificial temples - start worrying. In fact - just walk away from the Manor and let them have it.

dethmama said...

@ Peter & I.G. -- Oh dear, as I feared, there's evil afoot. Wonder if I can get dreamy Cesar Milan to help out?

Kit Courteney said...

I LOOOOOVE Eddie Izzard!

(and that pug-henge pic!)