Monday, December 15, 2008

"That Girl": 12/08/2008


"That Girl", beloved mother and companion of my dear blogfriend, Gail Rae Hudson, died Monday, December 8th.

While it is indisputable that "Mom" was a woman of extraordinary character, one cannot ignore the attributes of her daughter. Gail's deep love, conviction and unfailing attention to her mother's care allowed "Mom" to pass on to her next great adventure within the walls of her beloved home. They were truly blessed to have each other.

Although Gail is surely going through an emotionally, tumultuous time, she continues to post on her amazing blog, The Mom & Me Journals dot Net. Gail's fiery spirit and legacy-in-the-making must go on... Thanks, Gail, I'd miss you terribly if you didn't.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

6 comments:

Jessica Knapp said...

What a nice tribute. I, too, hope she keeps up her blog.

Anonymous said...

I read a few entries in her blog when you mentioned her another time. It is an amazing journal.

What a wonderful tribute to a friend.

dethmama said...

@Jessica and Tricia...

Thank you. I only hope that Gail Rae will know that this post is a very heartfelt acknowledgment of two, very memorable people.

Kit Courteney said...

Beautifully written.

Ditto papercages...

Life's a journey.

An interesting one, if not always an easy one.

Thank you for this post.

Gail Rae said...

I do, deathmama, I do. I read your obit a while back (I'm still having trouble counting days...although my mother is gone, her timelessness is not) and intended to comment and thank you immediately...finally, here I am.
I know it looks as though I may have stopped the journals, but I haven't. Grieving alone is different than grieving in the arms of one's family...and, both are necessary.
Take heart in the fact that I've certainly indulged in longer vacations at the journals.
And, you know, thank you, thank you, thank you, for this lovely obit! It warms my heart. It would warm my mother's heart, as well. --Gail

dethmama said...

My dear Gail Rae... I know that you haven't stopped the Journals. I am confident that you will continue to share your wisdom with those of us that hunger for it.