Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Superstition

I was on duty last night. Not only did I not have to leave my house, but I didn't even get so much as a single hospice-related phone call! I even called my company-issue "Zoolander phone" to make sure that the tiny, little piece of plastic was still functioning. It was.

Zoolander phone... for people that can't talk good.

Yeesh... the karmic bottleneck must be of apocalyptic proportion! I am so not looking forward to the rest of my work "week".

Oh, and please don't wish me a "quiet night". Use of the "Q word" is guaranteed to send me into spasms of superstitiousness.

3 comments:

trillium said...

We don't allow use of the "Q" word either. "An uneventful shift" may be substituted. But you're right, the law of averages will win out in the end!

Buck said...

Only one superstition do I hold in more regard than either saying "Macbeth" in the theater or whistling on stage and that would be using the "Q" word before a shift in medicine!!

Jessica Knapp said...

That's funny. It's like saying it's a "slow" day in advertising. Before you know it ...